So you've landed yourself a date with that one cute chick from Tinder, OkCupid, or in person. You've already made plans with her. You kept anticipating this day and it's finally here. But don't just jump outside. Here are a few tips on how you can prepare yourself for a date and make the most out of this opportunity:
Since there are thousands of different looks and clothing styles there really isn't a right or wrong. There are a couple things essential things to consider though.
Unless it's a really fancy occasion don't show up in a suit. Looking extremely classy when going on an ordinary date will easily come across as try hard.
Don't underdress, either.
The same rule applies both ways. Don't show up in your old sweatpants or wear your most worn out shirt. And PLEASE don't use an old shirt that might have stains and smell like sweat. Seems obvious, but...
Find a good balance.
Wear something you wear in normal life, something that fits YOU. Ideally take some fresh clothes you haven't been wearing for 3 days, make sure they fit you, make sure colors match and above all: make sure you feel comfortable in them.
Wearing clothes you actually like a lot will make you feel sexier, happier, and that usually shows in your behavior.
You look sharp, you smell like an angel, you're almost ready to head out. Now get yourself in the zone, champion.
Be awake, energetic.
A date might take place in the evening after you already had an exhausting day, but going out with a girl isn't the place and time to be sleepy.
- One way to REALLY wake up (which can be combined with the hygiene part we talked about earlier) is taking a cold shower. Not only will it give you tons of energy and make you feel like a million bucks, it'll also already get you out of your comfort zone.
- Bump some music that pumps you up. Know that one song that always gets you moving, gets you in a great mood and makes you wanna dance? Play it. Play it loud. The effect music can have on your emotions is crazy, take that as your advantage. Optionally start dancing to it on your room.
In a nutshell, get yourself in a great mood so you can radiate positive vibes on your date. The girl WILL notice.
That doesn't mean going into tired chill mode again, but realize that there's no need to be nervous or anxious (and let me tell you, even the toughest of guys will feel some nerves before a date). A few ways to calm yourself in cases of nervousness are:
- Accept the nervousness. Really man, it's not a bad thing and just shows that you feel excitement. Instead of fighting it and trying hard to appear over the top confident just let it happen. Instead of thinking "this is bad" re-interpret your feeling as "this is exciting, this is an adventure". Ironically this will often take away a lot of pressure and make you more relaxed.
And even if you're really nervous on the date don't be ashamed to admit it. A lighthearted "wow I'm actually a bit nervous haha" is very likeable, unlike someone who tries hardcore to mask any kind of insecurity. The girl isn't here to judge you. She WANTS to get to know you.
- Call a friend before the date. Just chat with a buddy to warm up socially and get in a talkative mood. Joke around, make him (or her) give you a little motivation talk. Quick and easy way to cheer yourself up and get some extra motivation.
- Don't have crazy expectations. We often feel nervous because we have the wildest imagination about what might (not) happen. Don't read so much into the future but instead go on the date with an open mind and just let yourself be surprised at what the next few hours might bring.
- Do NOT calm yourself with drugs. Not even getting into the topic about how alcohol, weed, etc can become crutches. But turning up to a date smelling like booze, in the worst case even acting tipsy or drunk: MASSIVE TURNOFF.
Yes, having some drinks before a date is tempting but it will likely more do harm than good.
Last few things
Alright you smell fresh, look fresh and your brain is in top form. Now before you leave the house:
- Clean up your place. Who knows, you might end up back at yours. No need to scrub the floor and dust off every piece of furniture, but make sure your place doesn't look like a complete trash yard.
- Keep some condoms in your pocket, just in case.
- Keep some gum in your pocket to keep your breath fresh.
- And last tip: it's cool to be a tiiiny bit late. EVERY girl fears that she might be stood up on a date and arriving at a meeting spot and not seeing the other person will automatically make you think of them all the time.
On top of that it's a heavenly relief to see them finally arrive. This is anything but a must and arriving way too late can actually backfire a lot and offend her. BUT arriving a minute or two after her can be a sneaky little way to enhance that first hello.
And that's it! Now go out, meet her and most importantly: enjoy the experience.
A date shouldn't be something serious or scary. Have fun, make memories.
You got this.
START GETTING MORE DATES WITH OUR FREE TINDER INTENSIVE COURSE